Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day with old/new friends

I mean, seriously, how more irresistible can this family get? Picking fresh lilac and apple tree blossoms for your mom for Mother's Day, cooking the most amazing quiche with decadent local heavy cream and all super local ingredients in your pjs, father and son sneaking old fashions donuts in the brunch (that the moms end up eating first thing with their coffee even if they thought it was not the best idea...), an incredible violin/viola duet made up of two beautiful and incredibly inspiring teenagers, 2 baskets full of the Playmobile farm collection that the girls played with for hours on end, a basket full of Waldorf handwork projects my friend Lisa just finished after 4 years of training that I could touch and examine and try not to drool over... and so much more...

I told you about Lisa before. She sent the girls those beautiful plant-dyed craft kits for Christmas when we were in Arizona. I have known Lisa online for 9 years. I had a file full of Lisa's words of wisdom that I read before going to bed when the girls were little. She was a mentor to me, a friend holding my hand through the intricate World Wide Web... And now, I was meeting her for the very first time, in her beautiful home, and it's just like we had been friends forever. I know it sounds cheezy, but I feel like my whole family fell in love with theirs. It was that great!


Then, Jamie, another friend from the old Waldorf forum, came with her 3 children and celebrated Mother's Day with us and it was so great to connect with her in person too. We had "talked" and exchanged online before and I was really happy to meet her and her sweet partner Brion, and their adorable new addition, Koa.




3 comments:

Beetnik Mama said...

What a wonderful gathering of families! Does Lisa have a blog? I can always use more words of wisdom!

Catherine said...

No, unfortunately she doesn't. She is the handwork teacher at the Ithaca Waldorf school and is raising 3 beautiful children (2 are still homeschooled), so she has her hands pretty full!

Francesca said...

glad you actually got to meet this special person.